Thursday, December 20, 2018

Dr. Clarence Harper Master Gunnery Sergeant - Hand Salute











For those of you who don't know, after I retired from the Marine Corps Reserve 18 years ago I went back to college. Not only did I get an MBA but I also got a doctorate in business management and have been teaching at Rockford University ever since. The moral of my story (and a big of bragging) is this past week a young LCpl from 2/24 and one of my students was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps. The ceremony was held at Rockford University and the student, Cristan Newton, asked me to the recipient of his first salute. I was more than honored to do that, receive his first salute (and his silver dollar) and can proudly declare that the future of the United States Marine Corps is in good hands!

Semper Fidelis
Dr. Clarence Harper
Master Gunnery Sergeant
United States Marine Corps Retired


No comments:

Post a Comment