Sunday, October 13, 2013

Military Symposium Det-4



Should we do a Det-4 Reunion in 2014?

Let us vote. Vote results so far.

1.  Shall we do a 2014 reunion?  Yes or No

2.  Should it Home, or Away

3.  If home, do you prefer a downtown Chicago hotel or lower cost suburban hotel?

4.  If away, do you prefer

     East Coast (Quantio, Lejeune, or?)

     Gulf Coast (Pensacola, New Orleans, or?)

     West Coast (San Diego, Pendleton, or?)

     Other?

Send your vote back by email and I will post on our blog.  You can also comment on the blog.



Note that we sent this as a bcc to everyone - Good com protocol - reduces the amount of spam people get.  We have all our email addresses on the blog in the left column under the recall roster. Take a look and see if we are missing anyone or if some addresses are old.

Semper Fi

__________________________


Laurence Woods

1) Yes. 2) Away. 3) Not Applicable. 4) San Diego/Miramar/Pendleton.
And just for fun throw in a Det4 retirement parade at an MCRD graduation ceremony!
Semper Fi! L..........

__________

Craig, good to hear from you. Because it is hard for me to travel distances, I'd vote for Chicago. Downtown is 
my preference, but would go with the flow. Hope all is well with you and your family.

SF

Doug Barney

________________

John Sevold
1. Yes
2. Away
3. NA
4. New Orleans (downtown)

SF,JMS

_______________

I vote yes, we should have a reunion in 2014.  Some of us are retired and on fixed incomes, at least I am.  That being said, I would vote for a less expensive suburban hotel.  Once this is set, I will try to do a better job of getting the "E" side to participate.

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, given enough lead, we should all be able to plan accordingly.  When can we expect our orders?

:-)!

Clarence Harper
________________

The orders have been delayed by the government shutdown. You can expect them on 10 Nov 2078.

________________

West Coast 2014

Will Holahan

________________

Should we do a Det-4 Reunion in 2014?

Let us vote.

1.  Shall we do a 2014 reunion?  Yes or No

Yes


2.  Should it Home, or Away

Away if winter


3.  If home, do you prefer a downtown Chicago hotel or lower cost suburban hotel?
Downtown


4.  If away, do you prefer

     East Coast (Quantion, Lejeune, or?)

     Gulf Coast (Pensacola, New Orleans, or?)
New Orleans

Byron Hill

__________

 Craig, Thanks for keeping us connected. I’m not too flexible in 2014 so I vote for Chicagoland at some time not near holidays but not in the colder months. S/F George-sends

George Braun

_______________

1. Sure
2. I'm easy!
3. City
4. Where is Quantion?
  4b. DC area is always good.
Cherry Point or Lejeune would probably be stag.
San Diego has broadest variety but expand view to include Miramar.
Jim  

James Homan Col USMC (ret)

________________

Yes on the 2014 reunion, I'm bound and determined to make this one!
Home or away I'm fine with either. 
If home prefer downtown Chicago
If away my choice would be 1) New Orleans, lots of activity there,   2) Quantico, have not seen the Museum yet, 3) Can we get a group deal on a Princess cruise?, (I know, my idea,  I'll check into this!)

Joe Brooks

_______________


Thanks for getting ball rolling.  Yes we should try to get together - we're not getting younger and Braun and Hill still owe me a beer.  As 2012 was in Chicago, I feel we should move on.  I know we'll lose "some" from local area but if we plan well enough in advance, we should be able to match/or better our performance at NAS Pensacola. Travel and "Our Pull" might be better on East Coast (Quantico) NOT (Lejeune) but I would suggest a look at San Diego/Pendleton before final decision.  I'm in for either given dates.

S/F

Greg McLaughlin

________________

Home (Chi Town) and suburban hotel is my vote.  Roger out

Roger Reitmaier

________

Yes 2014, Away, San Diego/Pendleton.

Craig Hullinger

________

I vote for East Coast (since both sons live there now anyway)  Doug works in D.C. and Jason is in Garner, NC


Lynn
 

________


I got your email about having a reunion, but I am not going to  vote, because I am unable to leave my wife at this time.

Jim Bailey




No comments:

Post a Comment